Grilled Corn Salad
While doing Sprout’s Farmers Market programs, this was one of the fan favorites. Try this at your home as well. The lemon juice can be exchanged for lime juice and add 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper can be added for that southwest flare.
- 6 ears fresh corn (husked with silks removed)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and pepper (to taste (1/2 as much pepper to salt))
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 scallions (finely chopped)
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach (packed and chopped)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon agave syrup (local honey or maple syrup)
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium heat.
- Rub corn with 2 tablespoons of canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil corn for 7 minutes or until ears are lightly browned. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Remove the kernels form the cob and place in a large mixing bowl along with the cherry tomatoes, scallions, and arugula or spinach. In a small bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and sweetener of choice-honey, agave or maple syrup.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve at room temperature.
Chef paring Knives
Measuring cups and spoons
Medium-sized Mixing Bowl