This is where we have the most fun with our clients.
Imagine teaching a group to follow a recipe!
Imagine being with a group and they taste something they never had before and loving it!
Imagine someone never hurting themselves in the kitchen ever, because you instilled in them a sense of value in knowing food safety!
Imagine helping families who have food insecurities, or obesity!
That is what the “After-School Instructor” is. We also call this job formally, the “Educational Outreach Coordinator”.
The primary focus of an After-School Instructor (Part Time) will be to teach Chefsville programs which include a recipe, perhaps a game or activity with up to 15 students.
- This role requires communication and internal collaboration with Chefsville leadership while representing the Chefsville organization to business partners, parents & children with good common sense and professionalism
- Follow all Chefsville lesson plans with recipes & activities
- For those of creative talent, lesson plans can be created for sessions, however, Chefsville does have a lesson plan library for instructors’ use
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Manage classroom student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of Chefsville
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies and curriculum
- Adequately prepare for each program by reading the curriculum, watching training videos, and/or participating in face-to-face training sessions to be held in person in the area
- Ensure all materials are picked up, taken to program sessions, cleaned daily & returned for the next session
- Handle inquiries from parents regarding Chefsville programs
- Encourage students & parents to enroll in future Chefsville programs
- Participate in periodic Chefsville & staff meetings (online or in-person), as required
- Instructors will be required to pick up/drop off program materials at a central location