Grilled Corn Salad
- 6 ears fresh corn husked with silks removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste (1/2 as much pepper to salt)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 scallions finely chopped
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach packed and chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon agave syrup local honey or maple syrup
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium heat.
- Rub corn with 2 tablespoons of canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil corn for 7 minutes or until ears are lightly browned. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Remove the kernels form the cob and place in a large mixing bowl along with the cherry tomatoes, scallions, and arugula or spinach. In a small bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and sweetener of choice-honey, agave or maple syrup.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve at room temperature.
Measuring cups and spoons
Medium-sized Mixing Bowl