These truly are THE BEST scrambled eggs, you will end up wanting them for breakfast everyday!
Scrambled Eggs - The Best
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon parmesan grated or shaven
- 3 tablespoons ice-cold butter cubed
- 2-3 slices of rustic bread
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt kosher
- Garnish with green onion or chives
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Break the eggs into a cold, heavy-based skillet, add the butter, and place onto the stove medium heat. Add water and pepper to taste. Using a spatula, stir the eggs frequently to combine the yolks with the whites.
- As the mixture begins to set. The eggs will take about 4-5 minutes to scramble – eggs should still be soft and quite lumpy. Don’t let them get too hot – cool the temperature by moving the pan off of the heat for a minute, stir, then back on the heat.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread.
- Add the parmesan cheese and salt to season the eggs at the last minute, then add the snipped chives.
- To serve put the toast on warm plates, pile the softly cooked eggs on top. Serve hot!