Bulgur is made out of several different wheats, which makes it a good source of plant based protein, so your body stays healthy thanks to dietary fibers.
Herbed Bulgar Stuffed Zucchini
- 2 zucchini (medium sized)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (fresh)
- 1/3 cup Bulgar (cooked and cooled)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1/4 cup parsley and dill (mixed and chopped)
- 2 Tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a small sauce pan bring stock or water to a boil, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and then the bulgar. Cover, cook 5 minutes on medium low heat. Turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and check to be sure all cooking liquid is gone.
- Using a medium sized mixing bowl, add the chopped garlic, tomato, nuts, salt, pepper, herbs, and olive oil. Add the cooled bulgar and mix well.
- Carefully slice zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a spoon and gently remove zucchini seeds. Then stuff with the filling.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment, spray with oil and load up the zucchini. Bake in 425 oven for 25 minutes.
Parchment or Silpat
Spatula or spoon