Chefsville did this recipe first at a library with about 40 kids. They absolutely loved this. Since then the response to this recipe has been huge.
I don’t like to use milk chocolates, as they are already processed and difficult to work with.
Chocolates are a world unto themselves. There are so many kinds and each chocolate imparts different characteristics and properties to this fun recipe.
Blueberry Chocolate Clusters
- 1 cup blueberries fresh
- 1 cup chocolate chips dark, milk, or white
- Rinse blueberries, spread on paper towels and pat dry. Line a baking sheet with silmat, wax paper or parchment.
- In a small bowl or top of a double boiler over barely simmering water, place chocolate; stir until melted. Remove bowl from hot water; gently fold in blueberries.
- Make clusters by spooning 4 or 5 warm chocolate-coated blueberries onto wax paper, placing them 1 inch apart. Or, spoon mixture into silicone candy molds.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
Parchment paper or Silmat
Small or medium sized bowl
Measuring cups and spoons
Microwave or double boiler or small sauce pan
Wooden spoon or spatula