These fresh fruit nachos are so much fun to make. They only take a short bit of time and they really make the family happy while they are playing video games, watching moves, board games or just snacking around the house.
Kids love making these and have them invite their friends. You will be the neighborhood hero!
Nachos with Fresh Fruit
- 10 flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 kiwi fruit
- 1 pint fresh blueberries cut in half
- 1 mango sliced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, sweet cream unsalted melted
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
Preparing the nacho chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small cup or bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter. Lightly brush butter on one side of the tortillas, then sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon/sugar mixture on each side.
- Stack 3 tortillas on top of each other then cut in ½, then stack and cut in ½ again forming triangles.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes or until crispy. Place chips on serving platter or in a large bowl.
Preparing the mango yogurt
- Mango yogurt: Cut mango, add to blender with yogurt, blend, remove from blender into a small cup/bowl, refrigerate until ready to use. Put in squeeze bottle for fun.
Assembling the nachos
- Finely dice fruits and chill in a refrigerator, if using fresh blueberries, wash them before cutting them in 1/2.
- Top nachos with mango yogurt sauce. (I use a squeeze bottle- this sauce is great on ice cream as well) then with diced fresh fruit (kiwi – green, strawberries – red, blueberries – blue and any optional fruit you desire)